This year I’ll be attending my first Adepticon! I’ll be participating in the Warhammer 40K Friendly: The Blues Battle Brothers using my Khorne Daemonkin army. The point limit for this friendly contest is 1,500 points, currently I have 1,300 points of Khorne Daemonkin painted. Some of what I have painted cannot be taken in this format because of the way army composition is structured.
I’m sure the list I have proposed below will change over the next two months before it must be submitted and finalized. But before I get to my list, here are the key constraints I’m taking into consideration:
- Must spend more points on troops than any other role
- No Formations
- All the other composition rules for this special event
- Painted vs. Unpainted WYSIWYG models
- While I have 1,300 points of Khorne Daemonkin currently painted I need at least a few hundred more points of wants vs. needs to make a list. Given my currently painting speed and available time I’m trying to leverage as much of my existing painted models as possible
And now, onto the list!
- Chaos Lord – Juggernaut, Goredrinker, Lightning Claw, Sigil of Corruption
- Herald – Loci of Wrath
- Terminators x 3
- Berzerkers x 9 – Rhino
- Berzerker Champion – Melta Bombs
- Bloodletters x 8
- Cultists x 10
- Cultist Champion – Autopistol
- Chaos Bikers x 3 – 2 Meltaguns
- Biker Champion – Melta Bombs
- Flesh Hounds x 8
- Raptors x 5 – 2 Meltaguns
- Raptor Champion – Melta Bombs
- Maulerfiend – 2x Lasher Tendrils
- Soul Grinder – Phlegm Bombardment
My plan is for the Juggerlord to run up the table with the Flesh Hounds and demolish what he can. Meanwhile, the Bikers and Raptors can quickly move around the table to secure objectives or pick off opponents with their melta. The Herald will join with up the Berzerkers in the Rhino and drive deep into the heart of the enemy before popping out and wrecking havoc. The Maulerfiend will run along side to get cover, the two forward parties will try to split the enemy. Cultists are backfield objective holders. Terminators will probably get some guns added and then deep strike to further split up the enemy. I may do the same with the bloodletters to get a few units in their backfield. The Soul Grinder has one of the few guns in the army and will slowly move up the field while pounding on victims with Phlegm Bombardment.
As you can see my army will try to quickly get across the field and split the enemy fire while targeting select units with my guns and causing havoc with deep striking in their midsts.
As I mentioned, this will probably evolve a fair amount in the near future. Let me know your thoughts on this army.